Trust Fund Grants & Loans
Homeward's Housing Trust Fund offers grants and loans for qualifying individuals and families in the following counties: Calhoun, Franklin, Hancock, Humboldt, Kossuth, Mitchell, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, Winnebago, Worth, and Wright.
For more information on the following grants and loans, contact Homeward at 515-532-6477 or email@example.com.
Who is eligible for assistance from the trust fund? Households in any of the counties listed above with:
- Incomes 30% or less of the area median income are eligible for minor home repair grants.
- Incomes 80% or less of the area median income are eligible for the grant and loan programs.
Incomes vary from county to county. Please see the list.
What types of grants and loans are available?
- Minor home repair grants for extremely low-income households.
- Maximum grant a homeowner can receive is $5,000.
- Examples of eligible repairs: roofing, electrical, plumbing, windows, energy-efficiency improvements and handicapped accessible improvements.
- The home must be occupied by the owner.
- Download an application.
- Home improvement grants and loans. To qualify household income must be 80% or less of the median income in the county where the homeowner resides.
- Maximum combined grant and loan a homeowner can receive is $7,000--50% can be a grant and 50% a loan. Loans can be set up on 5 years at 4% interest or 10 years at 5%.
- Examples of eligible home improvements: structural repairs, plumbing, electrical, energy-efficiency improvements, roofing, kitchen and bathroom repairs, windows, heating and cooling systems, siding, handicapped accessible improvements and water heaters.
- The home must be occupied by the owner and cannot be in a 100-year flood plain.
- Homeward's fees for closing will not exceed $100.
- An ACH payment plan will be used.
- Down payment assistance grants and loans. To qualify household income must be 80% or less of the median income in the county where the homeowner will reside. Program is open to all qualifying households, including first-time homebuyers.
- Maximum combined grant and loan the homebuyer can receive cannot exceed 10% of the purchase price or $7,000--50% can be a grant and 50% a loan. Loans can be set up on 5 years at 4% interest or 10 years at 5%.
- Purchase price of home cannot exceed $255,000.
- Homebuyer provides a matching down payment.
- No contracts are allowed.
- Must be a single-family home.
- Home purchased must be occupied by the owner and cannot be in a 100-year flood plain.
- New or existing homes are eligible.
- homeward's fees for clsoing will not exceed $100.
- An ACH paymnet plan will be used.
HOMEWARD, INC. DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, DISABILITY, FAMILIAL STATUS OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. WE DO BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING LAW.